Of all the Geass abilities in the series, Lelouch's has been explored essentially the most, and in addition seems to have probably the most restrictions and side effects of any Geass introduced.
* Commands have to be issued verbally.
* The victim must make direct eye contact for instructions to be issued. The utmost effective distance is 270 meters. Line of spectacle through a reflective surface is sufficient for the effect to occur.
* Instructions may be issued solely once to any given particular person, but any variety of commands may be issued at initial application as long as eye contact is continuous. Due to the fact Jeremiah's Geass Canceller negates every Geass results, these uncovered to it could be commanded once again.
* The victim will not perform any act not allowed by their bodily or mental capabilities, though they are going to attempt to perform the order to the very best of their ability. For example, a sufferer won't be able to correctly answer a question they do not know the reply to, but will direct the user to someone who can if they are able. Nevertheless, instructions that affect the thoughts or consciousness, corresponding to telling the sufferer to forget something, will take impact even supposing the victim couldn't normally force themselves to do so.
* An action shall be carried out for so long as dictated in its command, or upon the indicated conditional circumstance. Eye contact does not must be maintained for command execution to occur. No upper limit has been established, however the conditional command Lelouch gives Suzaku remains to be in impact more than a yr later.
* The sufferer's reminiscences in the course of command subject and execution are sealed and can't be recalled.
* A victim could resist a commanded action to some degree whether it is utterly repugnant to them.
So long as the above circumstances are met, instructions could also be issued to anybody apart from those that have gained the facility of immortality and to any number of individuals at once. Those underneath the effect of Geass have a pink define on their pupils, presumably a visible cue for the viewer since the characters by no means level it out.
Still even with no Geass, Lelouch is a fearsome apponent. He's hugely clever, having a genuis mind and may strategise rapidly with tremendous velocity and precision. Even Rolo points this out. Within the Audio dramas Suzaku says after they had been little kids he got here up with a secret languange containing extra that 500 words.
Lelouch is quick to infer info from simple clues. In episode 14, when Mao says C.C.'s name, Lelouch instantly comes up with fourteen totally different possibilities for Mao's identification, including the right one. Lelouch is also able to predict the Lancelot's actions precisely by means of his study of their past battles, allowing Kallen and the Four Holy Swords to virtually defeat it (only Suzaku's reflexes saved his life).
Lelouch can also be massively persuasive resulting from his charisma: as Zero he wins the help of a lot of Japan's inhabitants through his great speeches and combined together with his abilities to create miracles from almost any situation resulting from his tremendous tactical planning much like his father.
Physically, Lelouch is underwhelming. He possesses the physical prowess of a teenager who engages in little to no strenuous bodily activity. Thus, certainly one of Lelouch's traits is the shortcoming to run very quick or for any substantial interval of time. Inside the sequence, this is normally performed for comedic effect, as Lelouch is continually outpaced by his classmates in each scenario, and even the most straightforward duties requiring manual labor exhaust him before he manages to accomplish anything significant. This joke is taken to its logical conclusion within the second season, where it's revealed that Lelouch is meant to attend remedial physical training courses, but skips them as typically as possible. This creates issues when Sayoko poses as Lelouch: she is a master of martial arts, and hence far more athletic than Lelouch himself. Lelouch laments the problem and decides to have Sayoko attend his health club classes to repair it.
Lelouch can be shown to be very talented at most domestic skills, together with cooking and stitching; it has been said that this comes on account of his taking care of himself and Nunnally for seven years. He has been shown to be a superb prepare dinner, and is often the one cooking the food for parties held by the Student Council, each as a result of the others (except Milly) are horrible cooks and no one else can meet his exacting necessities (resembling measuring components to a few important decimals).
Lelouch also has some skill with firearms, often brandishing a Britannian pistol when threatening someone. His Knightmare piloting talent has been shown to be proficient however not exceptional; he's a capable pilot by himself, although he tends to be overwhelmed by Suzaku and other pilots with more advanced Knightmares at their disposal. When Lelouch pilots a typical Knightmare on the battlefield, he is usually accompanied by Kallen, who is an elite Knightmare pilot and the leader of his private squad, Squad Zero.